soundpedro Call for Submissions
Application Deadline: Friday
March 17 March 24, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: April 1, 2017 (All submissions will be reviewed by a professional panel selected by FLOOD)
When: June 3, 2017 (5pm-11pm).
Where: Angels Gate Cultural Center, San Pedro, Ca
Application Processing Fee: $15, non-refundable, payable to
email@example.com via Paypal.
Taking place at Angels Gate Cultural Center, soundpedro will be an art event taking place June 3rd, 2017, produced by the Long Beach artist group, FLOOD. Ear-oriented, multi-sensory art will be placed throughout the site, indoors, and outdoors. While work should address sound and aural perception, the option of aurality/hearing in combination with other senses is welcome. Projects—some interactive and some self-contained—will include sculptures, environments, installations, timed and ongoing performances, interactions, and presentations. It is the variety of work that will make for a memorable event.
It is important that artists realize that soundpedro is a sound art event and not a music event. Work that is characterized solely by elements of pitch, melody, rhythm, tempo or meter cannot be considered. We encourage participation that explores or incorporates acoustics, psychoacoustics, electronics, audio technologies, listening actions, performance actions, spatialization, conceptualization, timbralization, found sound, or environmental sound. Work may examine the interface in which experimental music and sound art connect.
If you are local, before submitting an application it is advisable to visit Angels Gate in order to become familiar with the many potential spaces. Also, you can visit soundpedro for additional information and photos.
Any costs for production of work and/or travel expenses are the artist’s responsibility. FLOOD will gladly write letters of recommendation for those artists seeking funds elsewhere.
If you are invited to participate in soundpedro, your name, likeness, as well as your artworks may be used for publicity purposes and materials related to this event, including, but not limited to, press releases, advertising posters, publications, recordings and websites.
By submitting your application electronically, you authorize the use of your name, likeness and work for the above-mentioned purpose. Please note that all other personal information (address, telephone numbers, etc.) is strictly for internal business.
- Artist or Group Name
- Contact Name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Postal mailing address
- A clear photo of your face (akin to a passport of driver's license photo)
- A brief text description of the work(s) submitted
- Artist Statement
- Up to three (3) examples of previous work (accompanied by the items listed below, taking care that the submissions are high resolution as they may be used in promotional materials, catalog and audio CD)
- Sound or video clips (mp3 upload, Soundcloud embed or YouTube embed)
- Images (jpg, 300 dpi preferred)
- Piece description
- Preference for solo or shared site
- Preference for Indoor or outdoor site
- Volume level of piece
- Please indicate which previous works are available for this year’s event.
- Up to two (2) proposals for new work
- Describe Your Site Requirements such as power requirement (soundpedro will not furnish any equipment [e.g. power strips, generators, cables etc.], but will provide site(s) only)
- $15 application processing fee payable via Paypal
Steps to submitting your work
- Register for an account here a soundpedro.org by clicking one of the links below.
- Verify your account via an e-mail the website will send you.
- Log in with the username and password you created. Create your user profile. The login section will be in the right sidebar of every page
- Click "Create a submission" in the right sidebar under Navigation.
- Fill in the fields of the submission form. Please have a main image for your submission. You can enter YouTube, Vimeo, and Soundcloud embeds just by using the URLs. You can upload other files like .zip, .pdf. If you don't have everything ready that is fine, you can come back and edit it later. Your submissions will be listed in the right sidebar under "My Submissions" after you create one.
- View the photos of potential sites and let us know if you have a preference for one.
- Pay the $15 application fee using the Paypal button on the right sidebar.
Please send any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Already registered and logged in? Start your submission process here.
Please feel free to contact Marco at any time with further questions at (562) 413 5868